Omiljeni citati

žanrovska književnost i beletristika

Moderator: Truman

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 am

Udrite!

Stavio sam u naslov "omiljeni", a ne "najbolji", jer je o tome lakše suditi. Od mene ćete dobiti nešto u toku dana. Lao-ce, Šekspir, Paskal, Niče, i Česterton imaju toliko dobrih izjava i aforizama da bih mogao da popunim server samo njima.

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:05 am

Ovo se toliko ponavlja da je prvo postalo legenda, a onda i opšteprihvaćena činjenica, iako nisu ponuđeni faktografski dokazi.

Pitanje koje je The Times postavio čuvenim autorima:

"What's wrong with the world today?"

"Dear Sir,

I am.

Yours, G.K.Chesterton."

Ovo je danas toliko elementarno da se niko ne bi okrenuo za izjavom, ali setimo se da je neko to uradio prvi.

Dybuk

Omiljeni citati

Post by Dybuk » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Kapiram da bi Bernard Shaw ili Emil Sioran sa svojim aforizmima iz "Suze i Sveci", te sjajni Danil Harms bili savršeni za ovu temu. Nevolja je samo što ništa ne pamtim.

"Čak i kao i ne-makro, ispod svakog kriterijuma ste"
- Čarls Bukovski
I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc

Borat Odorović

Omiljeni citati

Post by Borat Odorović » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:06 pm

"It is better to live outside the Garden with Eve than inside it without her.”
Kad god sam mogao da sedim, nisam stajao!

Borat Odorović

Omiljeni citati

Post by Borat Odorović » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:52 am

Još jedan klasik Mark Tven - "it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Još jednom Česterton, 19. aprila ali pre 97 godina:

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am

"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:07 am

“So,” said Estella, “I must be taken as I have been made. The success is not mine, the failure is not mine, but the two together make me.”

Great Expectations, Charles Dickens

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Planirao sam da postavljam po jedan citat dnevno, tako da se ovaj što sledi ne računa. :roll: Ali to je i zato što ne mogu da ga smestim u omiljene, ili čak voljene. Priznajem mu dovitljivost, doduše.

Pominjali smo Tvena, a poznato je da on nije voleo dela Džejn Ostin. Postoje raznovrsni dokazi, a jedna od stvari koju je rekao je i sledeće:

Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book.

Mark, what the fuck? Why? WHY?

Borat Odorović

Omiljeni citati

Post by Borat Odorović » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:13 pm

Nagađam da je s tom pričom zezo ljude, posle je njegov saradnik iste te ljude ubeđivo da ih to Mark samo zajebava, na kraju su seli da razmene iskustva i utvrde šta je ono beše išlo lakše. Sajens prodžekt et hiz best :evil:

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Moguće, ali ono što mi je nemoguće je da budem siguran, jer su informacije koje imam o tome skromne - zapravo, znam samo nekoliko rečenica koje se bave tom temom, ali to ne znači da tamo negde ne postoji neka monografija u kojoj se to detaljnije analizira.

Džejn Ostin je odavno bila mrtva kada je on to napisao.

Borat Odorović

Omiljeni citati

Post by Borat Odorović » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:18 pm

Harry Harrison - “Intelligence resembles insanity only to the stupid.”

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:34 am

Ajde da se nadovežem citatom na koji sam naleteo koliko juče:

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Mrs. Goose, Her Book, Maurice Switzer

Borat Odorović

Omiljeni citati

Post by Borat Odorović » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Philip K. Dick - "I'm not much but I'm all I have."
"In a society of criminals, the innocent man goes to jail."
A ovo mu baš bilo vizionarski - There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'.

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:08 am

Why, sir, if you were to read Richardson for the story, your impatience would be so much fretted that you would hang yourself. But you must read him for the sentiment, and consider the story as only giving occasion to the sentiment.

Dr. Samuel Johnson, pričajući o (ooogromnom) romanu Clarissa Samuela Richardsona, pre tačno 250 godina. Kada bismo odbacili sve "recenzije" koje se mogu naći na goodreads ili amazonu ili gde god već, a koje sadrže sličan tok misli kao rečenice ovde izrečene, ti sajtovi bi se pretvorili u kiber-pustinje. A to ne bi bilo loše, nimalo! :clap:

ridiculus

Omiljeni citati

Post by ridiculus » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:37 am

I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have not had the time to make it shorter.

Blaise Pascal

Original je na francuskom, ali, kako ga ja nisam čitao i ne bih mogao da ga čitam na tom jeziku, uzeo sam engleski prevod (jer sam ga našao pre srpskog).

Dybuk

Omiljeni citati

Post by Dybuk » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:03 pm

"One Does Not Always Eat What is on the Table"

"A Man Though Naked May Be in Rags"

Embrouz Birs, opisujući mrtvaca u priči "The Damned Thing"

Dybuk

Omiljeni citati

Post by Dybuk » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:25 pm

If they could not eliminate Lazarus then they wanted to at least soften a little that heavy impression produced by his face. And with this aim they gathered skilled painters, barbers, and artists, and they spent the whole of the night laboring over Lazarus’ head. They trimmed his beard, curled it and gave it an attractive appearance. The deathly blue hue of his hands and face was unpleasant, and so they removed it with paint: whitened his hands and rosied his cheeks. The wrinkles of misery that plowed across his old face were repulsive, so they were covered up, painted over, completely smoothed out, and with a fine brush over the clean background they traced out the wrinkles of good-natured laughter and pleasant, amicable mirth
Leonid Andrejev, Eleazar (Lazarus)

Dybuk

Omiljeni citati

Post by Dybuk » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:16 pm

I ovim završavam seriju sa citatom iz priče ON, Leonida Andrejeva

PS. Sve sam ovo čitala u odličnom srpskom prevodu, ali internet je neumoljiv
No, she was not beautiful, and nobody could say what she was. But she was the one I had loved all my life without knowing that I had. All my life had I thought about other people and things, never once thinking about her — and that was why all my thoughts were nothing but lies; all my life I had seen other faces, heard other voices but had never seen her or heard her voice — and that was why other people had seemed unreal to me. I had known only you, and you are the only one I never once had seen.
~o mrtvoj ženi

Inače je ON priča koju nikada neću zaboraviti, potpuni masterpis, evo linka na engleskom koga zanima

https://weirdfictionreview.com/2013/10/ ... wns-story/

Dybuk

Omiljeni citati

Post by Dybuk » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Nešto ste se ušutili, kao da sam vam sa ovim mrtvacima pokvarila zabavu. :D Ide nešto ultra poznato i vedrije:

“Like a dog!" he said, it was as if the shame of it should outlive him.”

Kafka, "Proces"